Hounds Of Love Immersive Experience - London

This is the main Kate Discussion Area
Enrico Baratta
Running (Up That Hill)

23 Feb 2017, 08:05 #1

Anyone heard about this? Just got an email from time out:
https://www.timeout.com/london/shop/ent ... 2017-02-22

Celebrate one of the world's best-loved musicians with a completely out of this world experience provided by Immersive Music - the team behind last year's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.
For a limited time this April, Kate Bush’s highly-acclaimed ‘Hounds of Love’ album will be brought to life at a secret location with a unique, multi-sensory experience like no other.
Taking you on a fully interactive experience using art, performance, and music, you will be able to experience this incredible album in ways unimaginable. All of the night's activities will culminate in a live performance of the album in its entirety.
Tickets start at just £27 when you buy through Time Out which is a darn sight more appealing than wandering the moors at night-time, so if you're a Kate Bush fan, it's kind of compulsory.

More details:

Following the success of last year's sold-out event, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, Immersive Music is back, and it's taking on another iconic album. This time you will be taken deep into the heart and soul of Kate Bush’s fifth album, the self-produced ‘Hounds of Love’. Guiding you on a fully interactive adventure using performance, artwork and music, Immersive Music will give you a unique insight into this pivotal album.

By creating an authentic experience where you can look, listen, feel and interact with ‘Hounds of Love’, you'll get to live the legend as if you were part of the songs themselves. Make a deal with god, wake the witch inside you and let them transport you into the tranquil, frantic, dreamy and chaotic world of Kate Bush.

rblazon
Cloudbusting!

23 Feb 2017, 10:17 #2

Thanks for posting! This sounds amazing.

Foxykated
Showing (a little devotion)

15 Mar 2017, 18:37 #3

tickets are on sale now. 3 nights 20th to 22nd April.

shaung
Breathing

18 Apr 2017, 13:28 #4

Hi

Having missed out on their Ziggy Stardust event last year I bought 3 tickets to this event.

However coming back from holiday I thought I had sprained my foot somehow but the pain just wouldn't go and went to A&E.

Turns out I am having an acute attack of Gout. Always thought this was something old rich men and drinkers got, well I'm 1 of those 3 and I don't drink and not rich.

It seems likely that even with the meds I'm now on it might be too risky to think I'll be fit by the event and my sisters won't go without me so I have the tickets if anyone is interested.

I paid £37 per ticket but will take offers. Would like someone here to enjoy.

The tickets can be emailed.

squidney
Moving

20 Apr 2017, 15:18 #5

I sympathise. Have had gout attacks on and off for about 20 years and right now I have suspected gout in my right knee, so I can't actually walk anywhere. Maybe we should form the KBGC ( Kate bush gout club)

shaung
Breathing

21 Apr 2017, 14:48 #6

Now that I know what it is I can recognise that I've had numerous attacks over the past many years, but never at this severity. Always thought I had sprained or over-stressed a joint or swells from heat.

Are you on a preventive medicine or just when an attack hits?

squidney
Moving

21 Apr 2017, 15:14 #7

Luckily just when an attack hits ... ibruprophen. Though this time, it's not clearing up that quickly and has now done a world tour of my leg and decided to make my foot swell up too. I'm not happy. Hope yours clears soon...

Robin Gow
Looking (At The Big Sky!)

08 Jun 2017, 23:15 #8

Was just wondering if anyone actually made it along to one of these event nights and, if so, how it went? Any good? Image
We're waiting... we're waiting...

rblazon
Cloudbusting!

13 Jun 2017, 20:07 #9

Yes, I went to this. The "immersive" part was pretty dire, but the Cloudbusting tribute band was fabulous and made the whole evening worthwhile. They performed the whole of the Hounds of Love album as well as a selection of other Kate songs, including many of the singles from the first four albums.