So with all this new video surfacing...

EmptyBullring
Running (Up That Hill)

05 Jan 2007, 09:41 #1

Thanks to youtube, lol
...any chance that someone out there has the infamous barefoot-in-the-snow version of WH? I'd love to see this.

montichka
Cloudbusting!

05 Jan 2007, 10:50 #2

I think that really is one of the lost performances, as it was never actually aired. Almost all of the stuff that's coming on You Tube has been available for some time, it's just never been as accessible. There isn't that much truly 'new' stuff coming out, with the possible exception of the recent Italian stuff, but even that may only be 'new' in the sense there was no known recordings of them doing the bootleg rounds, although it had originally been broadcast. Some of the better quality material is due to tv networks re-broadcasting old footage. For the really lost stuff it will take somebody discovering shelved material in tv station archives, not just someone digging out old tapes and putting them online. Let's hope it happens!
Monty x
It is this that brings us together

NIKOS F
Showing (a little devotion)

05 Jan 2007, 10:52 #3

you tube is not enough , we've got to keep on
searching for the original video masters, just like the case with the xmas special.Image''... stepping out of the page into the sensual world''
Image''... stepping out of the page into the sensual world''

Gilesgiles

06 Jan 2007, 04:11 #4

And why wasn't the barefoot WH ever aired? I can't recall what the issue was at the time, if I ever knew to begin with :-)
gg

montichka
Cloudbusting!

06 Jan 2007, 12:17 #5

I think it was filmed in April, but by the time the show aired in December Kate decided to go with the performance of December Will Be Magic Again instead. She apparently wanted it as a Christmas single in 1979 and this would have tied in with her doing it on her own Christmas Special too, but it had to be put on hold for another year due to timing (if I remember rightly). She may by then have also wanted to put a bit more distance between her and Wuthering Heights, although that bit is purely my own speculation.
Monty x

Gilesgiles

06 Jan 2007, 16:26 #6

Ah, sounds feasible. Thanks!
gg